Well, after being a Blackberry guy for years I have decided to switch over to the Iphone.
It has been an interesting few weeks. There is a little bit of a learning curve but it has been a somewhat smooth transition.
I found a few things about the iphone that strike me as odd or perhaps a better phrasing is – non intuitive.
Let me preface first that some of my observations are my early ones and maybe I just haven’t found out a way to do some of these things.
– what..no auto on/off function (like a blackberry). That feature could save lots of battery power.
– to forward an email you actually hit the reply button (and another menu appears to forward).
– you can’t just make an mp3 into a ringtone easily.
– bigger screen real estate
– more applicable apps (that I personally would actually use)
– thinner, slicker
At this point I can’t say either one “blows away” the other. Each has its benefits and negatives.
As a newbie to iphone – any tips or tricks you came across? Would love to hear some..
Just came across this article in our local newspaper and thought that Apple supporters might find it interesting.
So, are you planning on buying the new Iphone 5 ??
For those of you that want up to the minute coverage on the Apple announcement today…
Financial Post has a live blog post.